The Texas Beta Chapter of Phi Delta Theta was founded at the University of Texas at Austin in 1883, the same year that the university opened its doors making it the first and oldest fraternity at the Forty Acres. Since our inception, over 2,000 men have gone to earn the title of “Phi” and forged eternal friendships and bonds. Texas Beta has made its mark on the University of Texas with buildings such as Patton Hall (RLP), formerly known as the Liberal Arts Building, being named in honor of a Texas Beta Phi Delt.
At Texas Beta, we take great pride in our rich history and are dedicated to the ideals of brotherhood, leadership, and service. As individuals and as a chapter, we strive to model the Phi Delta Theta mission statement within our organization, on campus, and in the Austin community to always strive for greatness.
Members in Our Professional Network
Texas Beta Alumni
Active Texas Beta Phis
It all started when…
Phi Delta Theta was built on three pillars that haven’t budged an inch since the Fraternity was founded by “The Immortal Six” way back in 1848 at Miami University. Those pillars are: The cultivation of friendship among its members, the acquirement individually of a high degree of mental culture, and the attainment personally of a high standard of morality. Shortened, we refer to the principles as friendship, sound learning and rectitude.
Helping every individual to meet his true potential is the bedrock of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. By celebrating each person’s true self, and by learning from each other’s strengths while helping to improve each other’s weaknesses, every member of Phi Delta Theta develops into a greater version of himself than he could ever on his own.
In over 169 years of its existence, Phi Delta Theta has expanded to over 250 campuses and initiated more than 265,000 men. Today, Phi Delta Theta currently has 187 chapters and colonies and approximately 178,000 living alumni and 100 alumni clubs in the United States and Canada.
The Fraternity operates from the General Headquarters building on South Campus Avenue, across from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.